General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
search facility

Just joined up and the advanced search facility interests me most.Being patient and using this facilty to the full should yield rewards.For instance Summer Charm was indicated as a lightly winner today.Its a pity there is no way at the moment you can bracket goings together,that is the going is listes as GF,G in places ,examine results for both these goings together.This also applies if horses are running at say 11 furlongs,we might wish to examine 10-12 furlong runs together.

I also think one or two extra options,like days since last ran button. Indeed if you had used this today Titinius placed at 40/1 would have shown up as a layoff horse.

One that might need a bit more programming is course types,LH/RH,GALLOPING/SHARP ETC.

Another suggestion would be to have an extra columnn for place percentage,place only betting is a favourite of mine,Kristensen 16/1 placed on Sunday is typical of a horse who places but doesn't win often.

In the introduction to the ratings,it mentions modifications to the ratings due to class of the runners in a race,I often think that a sceond rating should be attached to each speed figure,the class figure attached to the race in which the speed figure was achieved.The description of a race class1.2,3,4 etc is too rough,in my opinion.

Ian,please don't think I am criticising the ratings in any way, and I take the point,about not making the site too complicated Best Wishes.