General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tropical Paradise Won 25/1

Just looking at this horse yesterday, after the race of course unfortunately but it had won 3 from 10 a 30% strike rate, is a lightly raced four year old that had won over the distance and had its first run of the year only 30 days ago, It was also dropped 2 pounds and now ran just 1 pound above its last winning mark.

All of that it was allowed to go off at 25/1!!!

I know all of this info can be found anywhere but the great thing about Inform Racing is that all of this info can be found so easily, you can do a whole meeting of handicaps in about five minutes max.

Will see if any stand out and post them perhaps.

Good luck all

Re: Tropical Paradise Won 25/1

Hi Paul,
Would you take a look at Two I fancy today :-

Redcar 3pm Angel of Fashion 7/1
Yarmouth 8:25 Piazza San Pietro 12/1 ( hampered lto )

Regards Roedhelm

Hi Roedhelm,

Well Angel Of Fashion is in a seller so the handicap marks don't really count for me here. Can't get away from Lastkingofscotland.

The other one has same mark as last time and if was hampered should have a chance from v good draw. Slight up in class but a few front runners so could play to be held up slightly if can keep the rail.

Good luck mate.

Thanks Paul,
Regards

Found three today although won't keep posting these as hopefully big prices and have to accept some losing runs. I will however post any decent priced winners although this will be after timing I admit, all the info will be there to be seen afterwards too.

5.15 Leicester. Spring Green and Mythical Blue. The former is 1 below its last win hcap mark after good third in better class. 2/11 = 18% strike rate, f/cast 9/1. The latter is down 4 from lto and although still 2 higher than last win hcap mark has excellent srtike rate of 7/18 = 39%, f/cast 16/1.

Sea Wall is also a qualifier at Ffos Las but I have to be honest and admit I can't get a hold of jump racing as I can with flat.

Good luck, shame the two are in the same race at Leicester though.

Hi Paul
just had a look at your two in the 5:15 at Leicester,
Does it matter that Mythical Blue has gone up in the weights by over 1 stone since its last run, I realise it was in a better class than todays field, where as Spring Green has gone up in the weights by 7lbs ?
I do like the look of Guto, Lower rating, down in weight, maybe a place ???
Regards

No, not when it comes to handicaps. The mark is a leveller to the race (generally) on how each horse rates against each other.

If I ran against Usain Bolt, he would have to carry lets say a car in extra weight to give me a chance. Next time I run against a 12 year old and I would probably have to carry maybe a tv to try and level things out and finish equal which is what the handicapper tries to do.

So I have gone form carrying no extra weight to carrying a tv but only as the race conditions or competitors are different if you get what I mean, to make things supposedly level. This is me effectively dropping in class which is what Mythical Blue is doing from a class 3 lto to a class 5 today. (The more I look the more I like this each way.)

If Mythical Blue is rated 100, I haven't looked but say 100 and Spring Green is carrying 95 then whatever handicap race they run in Mythical Blue will carry 5lbs more, until their ratings change.

I don't go too much on the odd pound here and there but weight would eventually stop trains as they say.

Hope a small bit of this makes sense at least and if any part is wrong I stand to be corrected by anyone as I am no expert but believe this is how it is.

Just had £15 win on each 9/1 and 14/1. Guaranteed best odds with Totesport.

Good luck, we all know they will both come knowhere!

Thanks Paul & best of luck

Get In There Nice Double up