General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How I use the ratings

Hi All

Relative newcomer to inform racing. Switched when other [more expensive] platform started to run into prblems.

I tend to use only for flat and a/w, and really only looking at 2 of the speed columns [+ 1 I create]

Smiling as it picked 12/1 winner for me to today!

Strike rate around 50%, and ignore anything I can't get at better than 6/4 or better.

Ling 330

Kings C 72 (74) 70
Lady Kent 72 (77) 74
Hinton A 67 (74) 71
Ravi River73 (72) 67
Straight 75 (72) 60
Army of 54 (74) 67

First figure is LTO, Figure in brackets is average of best 2 out of last 3 runs, last figure is Average of the last 3 runs
Contenders were Straight, Ravi, Lady K and Kings C.
Clear leader on Av of best 2 runs was Lady K supported by best overall average

I tend to only look at Claimers and sellers, although mdns with plenty of data can be worth looking at, but time does not permit.

Was using it to oppose Western Mail nap by backing an better horse - he has a 50% strike rate on short priced horses, ie 50% of time a good priced horse wins! but often uses races with little data.

Excuse if I'm not available to post regularly, will try and get back when opportunity allows

Dave

Re: How I use the ratings

Excellent pick Dave and a great price too. Especially for one with such a massive m+a rating compared to the rest.

I don't know how I missed this one. If you seee my comments on todays nap thread, this horse has a top 3 rating in all main card columns. I think the lack of top 3 in the Ability column may have put me off.

Keen to see your next selections.

Re: How I use the ratings

Good Evening Dave, Just had a look with your formula,

Three bets Three winners.

Good stuff, Thanks for your method.
Regards Roedhelm