General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for the Count

Hi,,

Hope you dont mind me asking but do you use the site as a whole i.e. use the advanced form boxes or do you simply analyse those outlined as top in whatever column you choose and then decide whether you think they stand a chance?

Dont worry if you think answering me is giving too much away but I am curious?

Gilly

Re: Question for the Count

Hi Gilly,

No i dont use the advanced form guide iuse the form guide as a guide to judge a handicappers ability. The horse that wins a hamdicap isnt neccessarily the best handicapped but i look for the ones that are handicapped on or below thie best marks but half the battle is finding horses that have been well placed by the trainers. Be under no illusion that horses are always trying in their races as this is far from the case as most are not. Handicappers that are in form or coming back into form off good marks are also obvious to find in the ratings and the ones coming back into form can be good prices. I avoid handicappers that have been winning as they will be short prices and vulnerable to less exposed better handicapped types unless again well placed.
I have many ways of finding my bets too many to explain and ive said before that new punters should avoid handicaps until they know how they work as form in handicaps can be useless because of non-triers. First question you need to ask yoursel is '' is it trying today '' , and the answer will only come from exoerience. Group races maidens novice hurdles etc are form based and the speeds will guide you there.
One tip i will give you is avoid all big field class 3 and saturday class 4 flat handicaps especially 3yo ones these races will never make you a penny.

Morning Count, hope you are well?
Kind Regards
Roedhelm

Hi Roedhelm,
Tickity boo thaks

Thanks very much... I had a system which was very good if you could watch live racing (which I cant)... no tricks involved, just common sense but I learnt a lot about handicapped races... Funnilly enough these are the races I prefer as quite often it is easy to eliminate most of the field.

Regards
Gilly