General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
frustrated

Well after a few good days last week it has all gone to pot for me. I can't pick anything out using the ratings and the more I analyse the worse my picks get. The horses I selected today at Bath were truly awful !

I'm retreating to observe the next few days to see if I can improve my selections without parting with my hard-earned cash.

Good luck all

Re: frustrated

Its not the ratings Gibbers that are at fault and no i'm not having a go !
The 3:00 Lets face it almost all a squeak in this bar a few but caribbean coral has been to the moon and back races wise and its declining mark shows you this combined with its moderate speeds and the more arces theyve had the harder it is to string together a consistent bout of form its past its best and thus high risk unless an appaulingly weak race can be found for it.
4:00 Dichoh has a similar profile to the above and you can see clearly it was not in form even on the aw where it wins its races and has almost never won on turf never mind rock hard turf and its turf speeds are shyte.
4:30 Whiepa snappa couldnt win off a mark lowe than it ran off today and has no progression whatsoever run to run in its early career showing its on a stiff mark also as 3yo race they are notoriously tricky as horses can sudenly improve or regress and had it ran at bath ? on firm ? May well be a better 4yo as it grows.
5:00 Wightgold a seelction i had and you can blame jimmy quinn for it losing showboating on the bridle when he thought hed got it in the bag, whilst the winner and 2nd placed were being wound up miles out. Whightgold found nothing for late presure in its previous races but was obviously upto winning off that mark and should have been ridden more aggressivly making it a stamina test.

Youll have days, weeks or even months like this but these ratings will feather your nest long term

Re: frustrated

Hi Count, thanks for the constructive words...I know it is not the ratings that are the problem, it is my interpretation of them (amongst other things). My first two today were a bit of an unknown punt - and watching them on TV I was appalled at my choices ! - but I have to admit I did fancy Whiepa Snappa and Wightgold.