General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
showing speed fig for going

Ian is it possible to show the best speed figure on the days going

I know i can look it up by clicking new page but would it be helpfull to show it on the page with all the purple colours

In my opinion the going and distance is both important

what do the members think

I know there could be a problem because your ratings are put out early on the evening before racing,
but could there be a switch to alter the going if it has altered

By the way Ian i know nothing about software so if im being stupid just say so, no offence will be taken

I have this theory if you dont ask you wont get

and if you do ask you might get

Re: showing speed fig for going

rhur,the going is the first and most important thing in racing,never bet without a going report.

I dont see how ian could show the best speed figure on the going without more cost, he did ask members for any ideas about adding features if i recall. The best speed figure might be of use but what if the horse posted that speed figure when ity was on a mark of 60 and now running off 80 wouldnt the recent form tell you if it was capable of that performance and horses perform differently depending on the course. Plus we have changeable weather and inconsistent going reports the going frequently changes.
All the info you require is on the form pages you may have to spend a few minuites looking at them but it only takes a few minuites.
If you want an over complicated system then try raceform interactive its cheap @ £800 approx, keep it simple in my opinion.

As the going is always changing i cant see any way of doing this, and i for one wouldnt trust it, especially as the going may well have changed since Ian uploaded the cards.

thanks to the people for the input
as i said i have no knowledge of software,
but i did say if you dont ask you dont get
so obviously this is a dont get

THE COUNT
re speed figures
i thought that ians speed figures took in the differances of the or.

am i wrong

Regards the ratings depending on goings, I did look into this by having a going drop down box that could be clicked at the top of each card and all ratings could then be changed for the going however, I do think that this would confuse matters in a greater way than it would benefit. I do of course take the going into account when calculating the ratings and effectively a horse that scores a 79 on good ground over one mile should score 79 over 1 mile on heavy ground all things being equal but this is so often proved to be wrong.

Of course not only does the going often change throughout the day it can also unfortunately be inaccurate and you would also sometimes then only be left with a few ratings for all the lto's than normal.

I always come back to where a horse has its Master rating on the turf and wins first time on the all weather or has a Master rating on Heavy going and wins first time on Firm going. For me it is more about seeing if a horse has won or placed on a going than actually looking at ratings on a going if you want to go down this route.

If you do want to check ratings out on the going you can either look at the form or also the advanced search and choose the going to see what ratings a horse has.

I would just sum up with I think it would be more confusing and make the ratings appear worse if you could change the going details.

I hope this makes sense.

Ian.

thank you ian for the reply

rhur: re: or/speed ratings.

I thought the speed rating did not take into account the or figure and the tables seem to show that. Its the cornerstone of how i select my horses so ide be surprised if was wrong, perhaps ian can confirm this.

The Count.

I am not sure where you got the OR mentioned in this thread but I assure you I do not take any account of the OR when calculating the ratings, only the going with a going allowance which is of course imperative with speed ratings.

Hope this helps.

Ian

Thats what i thought ian thansk for confirming it it was rhur who thought the OR figures were taken into consideration.