General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
8:10 Doncaster

Any body like the look of Tubby Isaacs ??????? only thing that bothers me is the going

Re: 8:10 Doncaster

Hasnt won or come close or posted speed on turf 6 yo so seems dodgy and its wide open race

Wrong
Hope you backed your judgment

yes I went with it

have you had a decent day Count?

Started badly but my last bet got me out of jail 4 in total today. I have always found saturdays the hardest day to find winners all the races are so competative as the owners want the saturday winners not many non-triers.

Was York a good experience and would you recommend a visit ?

I had a excellent day, I was a guest of Coors Brewery so everything was laid on, the race course is in superb condition since the big refurb a few years ago, the going was given as good to firm? the ground was like concrete, so many non runners as well, but yes thanks it was a good day, I would recommend maybe meet up with you?

A freebie eh nice, you in the hospitality business ?
Its a bit far for me to drive to many commitments at the mo.
Maybe ian will lay on a days racing somewhere !! for his loyal members.

Good Idea Count Lets have a show of hands, How about it Ian?
Not the hospitality but We are an Wholesale drinks company supplying pubs, clubs,hotels, restaurants etc, We are a good customer of Coors & John Smiths, infact I had an Invite to York for the 10th July for the JS Cup meeting but had to turn the offer down as I am away golfing, Hard life isn't it

Nothing wrong with taking it easy as your a long time dead.
Pubs seem to closing in their droves, this trend not effecting your turnover ?

No fortunately we saw it coming & started trading with more & more Clubs Working mens, sports & social Good Loyal customers, not here today then doing a moonlight Trade very good at the moment, Thank you

Hi Count just read you thread on rhur's lays, I do suppose you can do both lay & win bets with Ian's system.

I'll answer this on behalf of The Count as he will be snoring by now! You can Roedhelm, but stick to backing. Successful backing is more profitable than successful laying in my opinion. In short, backing an 8/1 winner means if your next 7 lose you will still be showing a profit. With laying you need to get right almost every time to show a profit, yes it is easier to find a loser as there is only one winner in a race, and if you layed horses randomly without using any selection process you could enjoy a high success rate and it is this that clouds peoples judgement of how well they are doing. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Beetlesheen, and once again for Imjin River yesterday

You back Imjin did you, hope you had my nap yesterday also

Well done with Tubby Roedhelm.