General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just Saying 'Hi'

Hi everyone,,,

Just read a very heated post and on the back of that I thought I would tell you a little but about me rather than remaining an observer.

I got into racing about 3 years ago when I was off sick for about 9 months. I had chemo and couldn't go out so I started learning..

I have tried near on 100s of ideas and I do have success but then a few days success turns into loss...

But I dont give up easily and then I found these ratings.. I did have some success but realise now that I originally bet on too many horses and blindly ...

Like the phrase 'there's gold in them there hills' I know there is a living to be had from the ratings if you are willing to put in the effort.

I dont deny this is my ultimate goal.. when you have had an illness like mine, the 9-5 drudgery of work just takes up 'living' time in my view but it is a necessary evil.

I am trying my best to pick up as much as I can from the forum and as far as I can see, there is no magical set of rules....??

I will keep on going... I was 43 yesterday and I always said I wanted to quit work by 45.. mmmmm bit of work to do I'm afraid.

I dont want anyone to just say 'Gilly do this' .. I am a grafter for what I want.. but any gems I can read on here are really appreciated.

Just thought I would make myself known and say thanks for the info already posted.

Gilly

Re: Just Saying 'Hi'

Welcome to the forum and I hope you had a very happy birthday yesterday. I also have tried many different ideas along the way but have settled on one using Ian's excellent speed ratings. Many days I pick the wrong horses but those days that I come up trumps make the losers fade into insignificance. I am not one to impart a great deal of knowledge on the way to find winners but I enjoy travelling the path to discovering one or two and sometimes at reasonable prices. I'm sure you will find the forum instructive and sometimes a little frictional but overall an enjoyable experience. Good luck to you and I hope you can achieve what you want in the next two years.

Hi Gilly, same as you i am new and just observing good luck.

Hi Gilly. Hope you are now on the mend, I like others am just starting out,now on THE RIGHT TRACK with help from the other guys and Ian's excellent ratings.
Good luck