General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NAP OF THE DAY THREAD

Hi All,

I was thinking it might be a good idea if we posted up are Nap bet of the day each day with a reason behind it so it would show if we are working the ratings good or not and it might help improve are betting in the long run.

I'll go first anyway and see how it goes.

Tawaabb 3:45 York

His LTO figure of 85 looks pretty good as it was in a class 1 race which was far better than this race.On official figures he has gone up 5 pound from that race but only carries 2 pound extra weight in this race and with conditions ideal it looks a pretty solid bet to me.

Re: NAP OF THE DAY THREAD

Good idea Bman, will join you on this one tomorrow when I have a bit of time to find something good hopefully.

I did start a thread a few days ago where I wass picking three or four a day and loved the discipline of that so picking just one and backing it will be a good lesson.

Hi Paul,

Discipline is probably the hardest thing to deal with when it comes to betting on the horses.I have also found it difficult in the past to get away from the silly bets that i put on.Time to break the mould i think.

Hi Bman,
I will choose one in the same race,my selection is
Midnight Martini as it is carrying 2lbs more than when coming 2nd in a class 1 race also with Dave Allan in the saddle & a decent draw, a C+D winner, I know its rating is higher but a run to get it ready & I would think it like the others should be an improving 3yo.
looks like a wide open contest?
Good Luck Bman

Are we allowed to commnet on your selection ?
I'll presume we are. The race is very trappy and ive found over the past few years that york is a track where many horses that you would assume act there dont like the place and speeds theyve posted need to be exceptional to give it an advanatge. Tawwab race tuned and fit ? probably but that would weigh on my mind when there isnt much between all of them. Its not a stand out and as such wouldnt carry my money at 5/1 6/1 but all the best of luck with it.
I am unable to post my selections here for reasons i cant' elaborate on so if you wish me not to comment then i'll understand.

The more comments the better Count,cheers

1.55 Salisbury - Moonline Dancer

Because its no slouch at 6f, its down 7lb and the step up in trip should be to its liking based on its pedigree, oh and its 20/1. I'll be backing e/w

Good idea to have a nap of the day. I agree with Paul and Bman about concentrating on maybe one bet and having that discipline to see where it leads you.

My nap is Takitwo in Sals 5.15
Reasons: down to handicap mark of 54, its last handicap winning mark. Has the best young and upcoming apprentice on board, Adam Beschizza and enjoys running at Salisbury (8 runs, 1 win, 4 placed)
Another point is that trainer says that Takitwo is a horse that doesn't respond to the whip and this is an apprentice race where they can carry whips but not use them. Final point is Ian's speed figures for C&D are highest for Takitwo.

Taking a chance on Top Dressing in the 4.00 at Perth, basically because his other rivals have gone up further in weight than he has following their last wins. And at 7/1 there is at least some value there.

Watch him fall at the first and Bally Wall stride to victory !!

My nap is Shouldhavehadthat in the 6.30 Ludlow.

Positives: Good Trainer, down in class with a decent enough speed rating lto for 5th place, recent run, decent distance figure, 16% strike rate overall and good ability rating too.

Negatives: Long time since won and the ground possibly if it goes too firm.

Good luck

A handicap jumper wins on average once every 2 years so '' not won for a while '' is what you want to read and the price will not reflect its true odds.
Shouldhavehadthat wasnt knocked about lto and ran handy here before chelty jumping well and going the pace until it blew up 3 from home and eased down, its well weighted but i cant back it as the race is too competative with most of the others showing more speed and as ludlow is a speed track i just do not feel its on a lower enough mark but quite a few here not well handicapped, its amine field good luck and i'll chear it home for you

I'm going to ludlow today as its my local but i cant find anything to back thee or anywhere else today.

Well, that went well then.

Looks like we all need to study the ratings a bit more

(sorry, couldn't resist....)

Red Courtier 4:35 Newbury

He finish 2.45l 5th in a class 2 (0-100) rated race with a joint best LTO figure of 82.He looked like he was in need of the run and drops down to a class 4 (0-80) today and i would expect a big run at a big price.

Is there any easy way of keeping a record of our naps so we can see how things are going?

I suggest that we start a new thread each day for these naps after tomorrows have run.

5.40 newbury - maslak

I have started a new thread for the naps for 14th May. Hopefully we can all put our naps together so it is easier to read.

Cheers.