1 2
Author
Comment
12th May Selections

Bank at £90.00

York 3:10 Showcasing 4/1 £10.00 win bet
Bath 8:30 Dualagi 9/2 £10.00 win bet

Re: 12th May Selections

Unlucky today roedhelm 2nd i fancied damien for that @ 33/1 last night but stopped myself just to competative.
Hope Dualagi wins for you not a race for me i have to say. Brave man

Cheers Count, Not alot stood out I should have left alone today

Its like playing poker , it has to hurt. You learn by losing.
Risk / Reward

You have to start some where, "Norvan Monkeys" you meant the Bookies didn't you

Not with you ! I was paroding the hands comments about northerners of which i regard myself as one.

there's TWO of us then

Dont know about you Count but Dualagi on the drift would probabley take E/w

I have no idea can visualise a carpet finish just not for me

Yikes Roedhelm, I can see where you are coming from with dualagi, but i think its quite a competetive race. Its not a bet for me but i wouldnt put it past white shift to return to form, with a gun to my head i'd probably back your gifted. Good Luck Roedhelm

Beetlesheen White Shift at a good return, Dualagi well back approx 7 lengths, but has you & the Count pointed out a Very competative race.

To sherpen your selection process back win only unless 33/1 or bigger. White Shift was thrown in on its past bath form but lets face it was a leap of faith based on its recent turf runs but these races with throw up results like that the worse the grade of race the more inconsistent the horses but horses for courses.
The market is always wrong and if something is 20/1 then thats a juicy bonus.

White Shift had top course and distance totals

Think there was another one yesterday won at 33/1

Possibles for small stakes but recent form was poor on b oth and I didn't back either don't worry.

Enjoying the thread and forum lads thanks.

Feeling rather sick now it was winning group races rated 90+ 2 years ago and last 2 efforts were to set this up with fallon on last time to complete the smokescreen. You can never spend enough time on these races and i didnt even scratch the surface in hindsight jesus.

ok Count, am I reading you right, that the horse I pick, is, because it is as you stated in one of your earlier posts in cast iron, therefor no matter what the price it is, this is my selection

This is where you need to use judgment and this demonstares so well why handicaps are so difficult for punters to find the winners because of stings like white shift.
I have just watched its last race blatent non trier to prep for this where its strike rate is best and speeds.
When rating these races earmark the class horses via handicap marks (best).
If you earmark one like whiteshift and its recent runs have been poor watch the races and your eyese genuine bad runs?? or not.
Many runners were well treated here thus i swerved it but i was lazy and didnt dig deep enough.
It was described as finished distressed but hey presto its back on aracecousre where its won before off much higher mark.
To be honest Dualagi was priced @ 9/2 this morning becuase it finished 3rd lto compared to the rest that had shown no recent ggod ' form'
I say all the time form is for mug punters its class that wins races but form can be very very important as with bettlesheens winner at southwell last night whichj i also missed as i backed something else in the race.

another very important pointer its the only horse he took to bath 159 miles a 4+ hour drive in ahorse box.
I learned very quickly that over half the field in handicaps are non-triers but when they have every incentice to try is when the are well handicapped back on a course they like on favourable ground etc etc.
So engaging, so complex, so frustarting but so rewarding when your in the groove.

Roedhelm, in short, never write off a horses chances because it is a big price. Recent form counts for little if the horse hasn't been sent to try and win. The ability and master rating tells us that it is no rag, especially as it is only a 4 year old, down a few more lb's and back at Bath it was no surprise it hosed up.

Cheers guys & thanks, I wouldn't get help & advice like this from tabloids, thanks to Ian & Inform & starting the Forum again, I get your help.
Regards Roedhelm

Cast iron clear bets turn up not often and dualagi certainly wasnt one of those. This is why i told you also to watch every handicap as you can then go through the results to see why its won. As also stated handicaps are totally differnet beasts to non-handicaps but they offer in most cases by far the best opportunities and value.
I would suggest you back in handicap if its well clear on the speeds/ratings and slowly venture off into other tangents as you gain experience or you may become disenchanted.

It also had the best win strike rate of all the runners and as you say is only a 4 year old. Its Master rating was also in a much better race than this which it won.

So easy now eh?

1 2