General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
run style

Ian
the run style fig is it possible to find out what courses suit the run style figures

ie at Lingfield on turf over 5 furlongs a front runner has a 38% chance of winning the race

Re: run style

I will be putting up some more information next week on what actual comments are getting what run style figure but I will also look into this to see if something could be recorded and put in the race header perhaps to suggest which run style wins more races at c+d.

If anyone has any other views on how best to use these run style figures it would be good to hear them.

I think knowing that a horse generally is held up could be advantageous when betting in running as a short priced fav will probably increase in price during the first furlong or two as it starts behind its rivals, likewise a front runner will immediately be clipped in shorter once it takes an early lead so it would be better to take the price before the start and possible lay some of it off.

Also a front runner with an inside draw on a tight track such as Chester should be able to take an extra advantage whereas the percieved advantage of an inside draw at Chester may be negated if the horses is often held up.

I am also going to be looking at races myself that only has one front runner over distances up to a mile to see how the race is actually run, knowing what the horses' run style figures are.

As I say any other ideas or thoughts would be most welcome on this topic with the new run style figures.

Ian

Ian
thank you very much for your input i could not ask for more

Also i think your new outlay on the speed figures with the colour is great, you can see things more clearly,you deserve praise for your efforts

I know this is after timing but after reading Ians comments I went through todays flat cards at all distances and came up with the following bets after looking at the run style figures, concentrating on either sole front runner types or the odd hold up horse in a race full of front runners. All these details can be checked and only 3 winners from 7 but all at good prices.

3.30 Nottingham. Prescription Won 8/1 and Sea Of Leaves. Two horses that are held up mostly in a race seemingly full of front runners who would take each other on.

4.05 Nottingham. Colonel Sherman Lost. Lone front runner.

4.35 Ascot. Ermyn Lodge Won 10/1. Lone front runner.

5.10 Ascot. We Have A Dream Lost. Lone front runner.

5.30 Lingfield. Realt Na Mara Won 14/1. Lone front runner

Not all ran exactly as expected but Prescription definitely came late off a strong pace and Ermyn Lodge led all the way. Realt Na Mara was always up there but didn't actually lead. Possibly not as straightforward in a ladies race. Colnel Sherman did lead also but We Have A Dream couldn't get to the front at Ascot.

Only 3 from 7 but good winning prices and a positive day for Ians run styles, so hopefully more winners will follow.

Jonjo
A great idea, when you say you only got 3w from 7, this is a fantastic result

well done

I'm not really one for posting selections but will see how these four go today. Again hopefully all will have some sort of advantage using the run style figures.

2.40 Brighton - My Flame
5.00 Wolves - Highland River
5.50 Redcar - Aqua Vitae
6.10 Windsor - Weekend Millionaire

I am sure some people will look at the run style figures and see different horses that should picked. I only have quickly scanned down each form box for each race and tried to see a quick stand out or two. Ie one horse with lots of ones against a field with few or many more threes and fours.

One winner at 4/1 yesterday from 4 bets so a small profit.

Will see how these four go today.

2.40 Warwick - Spinning Spirit
5.40 Warwick - Litenup
6.50 Southwell - Castle Myth
7.20 Southwell - Eseej

Don't think Litenup is very well drawn but if it can get the lead it may be ok.

I haven't been putting up any selections for these run style bets but I am using them now to massive effect for backing a front runner and laying them off when they get a clear lead especially over short distances on the flat.

Its definately worth looking at and the figures are a really easy way to see how each horse is likely to run.