General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
07th May Selections

Chester 4:30 Zomerlust
Hamilton 7:50 Wind Shuffle & Ergo

Re: 07th May Selections

Hi Beetlesheen, I can see Patience is a virtue today.

I dont see anything today that gives 100% in what you & The Count have been educating me on.
Regards

Why was zomerlust a selection ?

What i would advise anyone new to punting or these tables is restrict yourself to backing horses in non-handicap type races AND once you feel you have become a good judge and backing horses at value prices then venture into handicaps. Handicaps are a completely different animal and are of course geared to lining the bookies pockets. Look at every result of a handicap and if you can see why it won then your getting there. The hanicaps on saturdays are devilish as chester and all the other big meetings and in the main are bad betting mediums as they are so competitive, you want uncompetitive races and the speeds can highlight these combined with knoledge of how a handicap works which only comes from experience. Watch as much racing asd you can and understand why certain horses win them.
Dont feel obliged to have a bet just because theres racing as there will be plenty of other opportunities tomorrow, the key to making it pay is not finding the winners but from stopping yourself havING half hearted unsound losers.
Cast iron discipline '' STAND OUTS ONLY ''

Hi Count,
I know this race was quite competative = 1st mistake

My reasons:-
less weight than last time, has won on the going, has won at the distance,decent draw,
Todays OR 82(-2)last won off 83, highest win 94
thought it was coming to form 72,62,69.
Regards Roedhelm

Roedhelm, zomerlust has run at chester 4 times wthout getting placed, its most recent run (prior to today) was off a handicap mark of 77 (5lbs lower than today) in June of last year. A simple click of the form guide button below the races ratings would have given you a pop up box telling you this. I'm not knocking you, but you cant afford to miss such obvious reasons to have real doubts about a horses chances to win a race.

Beetlesheen, Count, Thank you Gentlemen Yes I have looked, another lesson learnt
I will leave handicaps alone as The Count suggests,
Can you tell I have always learnt the hard way

is this the way you learnt, by asking ? Will the pupil become the master?
I cant Thank you enough
Kind Regards Roedhelm

Roedhelm, you will become much better, but you can never master racing. A simple check list can be useful to help you remember all of the important criteria, for example:-
1/ Course
2/ Distance
3/ Going
4/ Race Fit
4/ Back Down to a Winning Mark
5/ Good Recent Speeds (Must be in Handicap Races)
6/ Value Odds

Try it for a few weeks, keeping records at betfair sp before risking your hard earned cash, its better to miss a few winners than catch a boat load of losers. As the count has suggested, stick to backing in non handicap races for now, they are easier to solve, the scoop 6 doesn't consist of handicap races for no reason!

Will Do Beetlesheen, I will keep you posted.
Regards Roedhelm