General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chester 5th May

Just wanted to publish my thoughts on two of tomorrow's races at Chester tomorrow for what they are worth.

2.45 Chester Cup

Top 6 Ratings

Ajaan
Bernie the Bolt
Mamlook
Desert Sea
Halla San
Red Cadeaux

I feel the horses to concentrate on are Ajaan, Desert Sea and Halla San mainly because they have course and distance success here at Chester. The danger to them all is Mamlook who has had a great season over hurdles but will Chester be to his liking? The other one to be wary of who is not in the ratings is Majestic Concorde. My own selection is Ajaan to beat Desert Sea.

3.15 Chester 5f Sprint

Top 6 Rated

1st Sohraab
2nd Green Manalishi
3rd Doctor Parkes Masta Plasta and Parisian Pyramid
6th Hamish Macgonagall

I think this race concerns 3 horses namely Sohraab, Green Manalishi and Hamish McGonagall. Green Manalishi loves it here as does Sohraab who won the race last year. Both are drawn well (GM4 and S8) which is so important in a race of this nature and both are capable of winning off their present handicap marks.
Hamish McGonagall has run well at this course (won at Chester off 91 tomorrow's hcap mark 92) and his trainer is just running into very good form. His last run at Beverley was exactly what he needed as a prep to this race.

I think Green Manalishi will shade it from Hamish and Sohraab. We will see.

Re: Chester 5th May

Good comments mate and you deserve some succes for your efforts.

Re: Chester 5th May

Thanks, Paul, but to be honest the two races didn't work out as I expected. I backed 3 in each race as it turned out because the prices were quite attractive especially in the Chester Cup with 9/1 being the lowest price this morning. I backed Ajaad, Desert Sea and Mamlook and then Green Manalishi, Sohraab and Hamish Macgonagall. I had a pound win on each so I ended up with £4 profit so I can't complain. Best of luck with your new posting. I know they weren't so good today but you'll come through.

Just for interest, have a look at Southwell's card today. Take the last 2 runs only - not the master - and see who has recorded the highest speed figure. I think you'll find you would have had 5 out of 6 winners with Special Quality the only one not highlighted.

If you were to take only the second last run, Special Quality would have been best in. In the second race, you would have had Trans Sonic as well as the tricast. The 3rd - La Capriosa, the 4th - Bivouac and the 6th - Sir Pitt. Interesting and maybe worth pursuing???
I feel one of the most important links to having some success is the going and with Southwell you have a certain amount of uniformity as it doesn't range from Firm right down to Heavy as it can do on turf. Anyway just a thought - best of luck.