Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2nd May Selections

Newmarket
2:40 Sariska
5:40 Red Courtier
Salisbury
2:55 The Sydney Arms ( popular choice re members )
Hamilton
2:30 Champain Sands
4:50 Palawi
5:25 Ingleby Star
5:55 Welcome Approach

Re: 2nd May Selections

Another nice result, 7 short priced horses and not 1 winner. Go and join paul on the river bank.

Beetlesheen

Are you joining Paul & myself on the river bank with your WADING efforts?

Re: Beetlesheen

Roedhelm
Are you joining Paul & myself on the river bank with your WADING efforts?

Certainly not Roedhelm, if you had looked at any of my earlier posts you would have seen that i am very anti favorite backing. My post yesterday was a sarcastic one, but it was lost on those of you that actually thought that it was a good bet (at those odds!). I have used Ians excellent ratings for 3 years now (profitably) but believe me you dont make money using them to find the favorite.

Ok Beetleseen, I do understand your points of view & respect your ways & agree with you, I may sometimes post favorites as I usually go through the cards the night before but I hardly ever back the favs the next day when I can get the odds, I have had some cracking big priced winners or placed bets using Ians system, yes I agree with you that they are there to be had, ps I was joking about the banks also.
Regards roedhelm

Roedhelm, well done with todays selections. i also had Tinshu and although i didnt look at your selections before racing i have just had a look at them. Ok i have hindsight on my side but your two selections that ran poorly have something in common as do the two that ran well. If you know what i'm talking about you will understand why i say that the two that ran badly were flawed bets from the start and therefore bad bets.

Thanks Beetlesheen, I will take another look now.
Regards Roedhelm

Roedhelm, what i am talking about is the official rating, Besty was carrying an extra 5lb today and although it had the joint best LTO speed rating it had to improve just to maintain that figure whereas any other horse that was down in weight that could show some improvement was sure to have Besty beat. Similar can be said for Count Ceprano joint best LTO but again up in weight from its last run and as its a 6yo there is probably no improvement to come. Your other two bets are a different thing of course, they are both down in weight, so effectively they are likely to post better speeds without showing improvement. There are of course times when a horse can improve faster than the handicapper can peg them back, Sir Mark Prescott is a master at doing this.