HPW FAN TALK

Welcome to the HPW Fans Line.
This is for fans of HPW to discuss topics relating to wrestling.
Remember this is an all-ages forum, so please keep all posts acceptable for all ages!

HPW FAN TALK
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks

I just informed Jerry that I wanted to let a shout out to all of you who makes HPW what it is today... he said.. "okay".
When Jerry wanted to start a wrestling show, here in Columbus, like some 14 years ago or so, I wasn't so in to it. I was going down to Louisville every week with him for the show there... lets see, Brian Christopher, his papa the King was there... Jeff Jarret, and of course Bill Dundee. Tommy, Jerry's best bud from his days in Atlanta, came in and out. Let me ask Jerry for a few others I might have missed... Eric Embry, PG13, Miss Texas, Moondogs, Rock 'n Roll Express, Flex Cavana (lol, later the Rock), and Dirty Dutch Mantell.
Jerry, to me, was some kind of a big shot here at these Lousiville shows. We got in through the back, and free... which I thought was kinda cool. He asked me at first where I wanted to sit, good side or bad side??? Being who I am,, heck, I chose bad. After he got me seated I made myself comfortable in the arena. Opposite of me, were where the "good" girlfrinds sat,.. lol, and all the fans constantly standing by their ropes. Only a few fans would stand by this "bad" side.. and of course heckled the guys when they came in to do their match (but still hoping to get close to a star). I couldn't help but get a kick of it every time!... Anyhow,.....
For those who don't know, Jerry, he is an excellent photographer. He not only was a photographer for several major wrestling magazines in the '90's, but took many pictures thru out his career of guys like,,, let me remember here,,, for one, the Rock, his early years, uhh... Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, Macho Man.. all I can remember off hand. There were a few that we regularly brought pictures each week for them to sell themselves to their own fans,,, like Brian, Dundee, PG, and others..... He had his hands full, and loved it all, but I knew he really wanted more, other than a picture taker...so....
He suggested we try a little show, here in Columbus. I remember Louisville had just stopped their promotion a few months before. The initial cost was scary to me, but I knew Jerry had a few connections and knew the business to a point. It seemed like a risk, but I knew it was something Jerry wanted to take a chance at ... so we went for it.
Fortunately, it was a success.. a lot more than we thought. So, that's where we continued today... thanks to all of you, our loyaled fans, and the dedicated ring crew and wrestlers who have made Hoosier Pro Wrestling what it is today. Least not we forget, our favorite "original" wrestlers, I know they know who they are ... see them once in awhile... that made HPW great.... (Hey guys, I'd name ya, which you deserve, but I know I'd leave someone out ... a big thanks to you, espiecially!)
Anyhow,.... a few months ago I asked Jerry if he still thought all the work and effort was still worth it... his answer.. " oh yea.. more than ever." He loves this.. and I believe as long as he has a fan base, he's satisfied by knowing he's bringing entertainment and fun in the lives of you who keeps on coming to the shows... and when it does all end, .. and until then... I'm sure he'll still be happy, 'cause its because of all of you... YOU... that made his dream come true. If it all ended today, it would be all good.
So, I just want to say a big THANKS! to all you fans, hpw workers, and the dedicated wrestlers, present and the past,,, for helping my husband, Jerry Wilson, make his little "big" dream a success. It's been fun, and I really hope we keep on making it a part of our lives.

Peace to all... Sharon

Re: Thanks

Well Sharon don't sell yourself short becouse you are the back bone behind Jerry. Your part of the success of HPW also. Your work hard at the shows and also someone has to put up with Jerry while he tring to get the shows going from month to month. Thats a job that you do that no one sees at all and I know that has to be a tough one,lol . I like to thank you both for letting my childhood dream come true. I started with HPW and I will always be apart of the HPW Family as long as I live. Also congrats. on your marriage. I also will like to say that Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everone of the HPW Family.See you all on the Jan.5th and just have fun and be safe love you all.

Cooter

I've been coming for about a year and been real impressed. I don't even watch televised wrestling any more, but always look forward to the first Saturday of every month. HPW does such a good job of putting on a show for the fans every time. I'm always excited and always intrigued. I would like to thank everyone at HPW for putting it on the line every show.
I'm glad Sharon told the story of HPW in a nutshell. It gave me insight into the history of Jerry Wilson and HPW. I Thank you Jerry and everyone at HPW for entertaining me every month. Here's to looking forward to January 5th.
Thanks,
A Fan

Re: Re: Thanks

Its great to see that you support Jerry and that you work hard at the shows and serve great concessions. HPW is the best thing going and we the fans say Thanks Jerry and Sharon Wilson for bringing it to us every month. Merry Christmas to you.

Re: Re: Re: Thanks

just to let u know i have been attending hpw shows for about 9.5 years and it is the best show around. I look forward to another great years. thanks sharon and jerry for putting on a great show each and every month. and a good christmas.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks

Hey! Just wanted to say thanks to you guys, TheHPW, Jerry, Sharon, the fans, for giving us a place to wrestle and work over the years. I nkow you all have put alot of work into HPW and Im glad to hear you say its still worth it after all this time. I personally wanna thank you guys because honestly without you there would be no Mike Winters. You all gave that its start and let me learn and grow there. Thanks alot for all you've done and taught me over the years. Love you all,
Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks

I would like to thank ou guys for iving me a shot when no one else would, I was pretty much out of work and then I discovered HPW and its wonderful fans. Without you guys I probably wouldn't be wrestling anymore. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you guys. Have a safe and Merry Christmas, I'll see you all in January.

David

Merry Christmas Jerry, Sharon, HPW and all you Hoosier Pro fans.... Let me start by saying "Thank You" for all you do and put into your shows Jerry and Sharon, you give the fans a great show each time and always leave em' wantin more. Also I thank you for letting me become a part of HPW. I had alot of great times at HPW, and hope for maybe a few more. I hope maybe i can always be a part of Hoosier Pro. Thanks again Jerry and Sharon, I love you both like Family.
Outlaw

Saving the best for last...hahaha.
I may be the last, but not the least to thanks Jerry and Sharon for making HPW a family-like enviroment and giving me a chance to live out a dream. All I have ever wanted since 1st grade when I saw Sting beat Ric Flair for the World Heavyweight Title was to be in the wrestling business in some way, shape, or form. Just to be around it because I love it so much. Thats what HPW is, a labor of LOVE, which can be seen through each and every one of its regular monthly performers. Sharon, thanks for always being warm and kind and keeping Jerry sane, because I know when things get outta control someone has to tame the beast. And to Jerry...words will never do when I say "thank you" for letting me live out this fantasy. If it wasnt for you and HPW, I doubt I would have ever done it. Again, thanks, I love you guys...

Peace,
Brandon Styles

Thanks wouldnt be complete without me saying it as well. even though I am currently inactive. You guys gave me my first shot and I appreciate it.

Re: Re: Re: Thanks

Thanks Brother. You Always welcome at HPW

Sharon doesn't want to list the originals for fear of missing someone... so let us do it. Who of the "old time" HPW stars do you guys like, and miss?

Discuss...

Of course Mercedes but she has gone on to big time. Outlaw Jesse Houston was a good guy to watch and Tiny Tim did a good job. Tommy Ray Sands could have been a star and Psycho was good. Lovins could talk well on the mike.

I loved Outlaw Jesse Houston also... loved it when he was managed by Dave Dynasty... good stuff...