Adrienne's Travel Forum.

Welcome to our travel forum. Feel free to post a message. Any items of travel interest,places to visit,places not to visit.In fact anything to do with travelling welcome.

Adrienne's Travel Forum.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Carribean and Children Yes or No

When we first decided to visit the Carribean for our annual family holiday , I was slightly dubious with the mixture of my boys and honeymoon couples on palm swept beaches. I need not have worried. We booked two weeks at Club St.Lucia by Splash a safe bet i hoped,as it was described as a family resort. On arrival at the complex after a nightmare of a road journey,( now i know why people use the helicopter services, we did on the way home!)we were shown to our rooms in our own 'village'.
The rooms were excellent, very large and plenty of room for a family of four. The complex offered four swimming pools and a jucuzzi just for the adults. The beach met the swimming pool, and with an array of restaurants we knew we had made the right choice. The boys were off most days taking part in sporting activities which gave us the time to chill out.If you are travelling as a family i would recommend this complex but not if you are getting married.It is quite a sight to see a bride on the beach amongst the volley ball nets and paddle boats! Let alone having to wade through lots of wet noisy children around the pool to get to your reception.
I did read the write ups on this complex before i left the UK and some were not too good, but for a good family holiday with plenty of things to do this was excellent. We certainly enjoyed it and have returned twice, which is something we dont do very often.
One word of warning- If you do visit here always try and do your transfers by helicopter.The road journey is in a small mini bus,about an hour long and you dont travel in a straight line the whole journey!