Return to Website

Message Board

A new service from WestOK Swine. Feel free to leave your comments and advertisements regarding anything to do with the Showpig industry. Posts containing unfounded personal attacks, profanity or slander, will be removed immediately. Click on our logo to return to WestOK.....

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Cheyenne Pig Sale

actually, compared to some of the other sales it went pretty well. while there werent any big dollar sales, we sold around 80% through the ring. i agree there are too many people wanting to buy pigs in the back way too cheap. it is that way at all sales. to help combat this at our sale next year, po pigs sold out back and paid for through the sale wont be eligible for the showback. only pigs sold through the ring. we probably should have done this from the start. we've heard from several ag teachers and breeders that the quality was up from last year and better than most of the "smaller" sales around.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Sounds right to me. Aly was approached before the sale and asked if she PO'ed, would she sell out of the pen?

We brought the PO pigs home.

Keep it up people, there'll be nothing but low quality animals brought or no sales at all and you'll have to go to the farms.

Replying to:

Heard the sale at Cheyenne was terrible and all the buyers wanted to let the pigs PO and pay little or nothing when they got back to the pens. Somebody should've put a stop to that type of rude behavior. Those breeders spend top dollar to raise quality stock and that's a slap in their faces!!

Re: Re: Re: Cheyenne Pig Sale

Heard you did real well, JS...Congrats.

Replying to:

actually, compared to some of the other sales it went pretty well. while there werent any big dollar sales, we sold around 80% through the ring. i agree there are too many people wanting to buy pigs in the back way too cheap. it is that way at all sales. to help combat this at our sale next year, po pigs sold out back and paid for through the sale wont be eligible for the showback. only pigs sold through the ring. we probably should have done this from the start. we've heard from several ag teachers and breeders that the quality was up from last year and better than most of the "smaller" sales around.

Replying to:

Sounds right to me. Aly was approached before the sale and asked if she PO'ed, would she sell out of the pen?

We brought the PO pigs home.

Keep it up people, there'll be nothing but low quality animals brought or no sales at all and you'll have to go to the farms.

Replying to:

Heard the sale at Cheyenne was terrible and all the buyers wanted to let the pigs PO and pay little or nothing when they got back to the pens. Somebody should've put a stop to that type of rude behavior. Those breeders spend top dollar to raise quality stock and that's a slap in their faces!!

Re: Re: Re: Cheyenne Pig Sale

My days became boring and gray when I became a student because it was not sweet to study, but I coped with this thanks to the fact that there is an essay writer, not only a high-quality essay, but also tell me what essay writing services