Return to Website

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum

Welcome to the Norwood Arena Speedway Historic Website forum. Feel free to post a message.

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The 2nd. Annual Modified Re-union !!!! Need some input ! ;-)

Your input will help! You are full of ideas!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you know, Jerry binner and I are working hard to plan the 2nd. annual Modified Reunion to take place at New Smyrna Speedway on February 13th. Last years event was a total success and it was more than memorable. This is a way to say thank you to all who pioneered the sport we love...our guests are incredible and they are all excited to have been asked to attend.
NSS is also excited and the new Race Director, Joe Lewandoski with track owner Robert Hart have also shown excitement and assured us the track will do everything they can to help us be even more successful!!!!!
Jack Smith was awesome last year. we got stuck without equipment we needed and he just happened to have a trunk full of goodies. ;-) This year Jack and REAL RACIN USA have told us they will provide a P.A. system, do a live broadcast and help us promote the event! When it comes to huge events like this you are lucky to have Jack aboard!
Many others have helped with different things. Scott Lombard of SUNSHINE RACING MAGAZINE offered us 4 ways so we can communicate without having to run all over the place. ;-) George and Rex helping with web sites etc.
We will be looking for some things and with all the thousands of people who read this board everyday maybe you can help us find them..(tents etc.)
If you know someone who was a racer, track owner, flagman, ...anyone from the past who should be invited, please email me or jerry or both...
I would like to see more vintage cars... you should have seen them on the track last year!!! it was such an emotional experience seeing those guys, most in their 70's, racing the old cars. The parade lap was led by Bobby Pendergast in his old coupe!! People brought photos and lots of memorabelia!
I hope you will all mark this date on your calendars and save up to come to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! ;-)
carolwicks@comcast.net
jbinner@att.net

you can call me at 941-629-7451
all suggestions will be listened to!!!

Thank you so much !!!!
Some of the list of guests...

Bugs Stevens, Leo Cleary, Gene Bergin, Bill Wimble, Ron Bouchard, Dutch Hoag, Tom Ormsby, Lew Boyd, Jerry Dostie, Mike Favulli, George Summers, Frank Capone, Billy Harmon, and many many more. I have also invited some of our more recent veterans in Florida short track racing... Dave Pletcher, Dickie Anderson, Jimmie Harris, LeRoy Porter, ... the list goes on and on... Please email me and add to it. If possible with a phone number or at least a town or some way we can try to locate them....

ALSO !!! spread the word... thats always the best way... tell everyone you know !

Carol Wicks aka OZZIE