Return to Website

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum

Welcome to the Norwood Arena Speedway Historic Website forum. Feel free to post a message.

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks Don Thomas and Contributors

I know I speak for others when I say how much your efforts at putting this site together, growing and maintaing it are appreciated.
And thank you to those who have taken the time to so generously contribute photos, stories and other resources to safeguarding our New England Racing History.
The most recent addition of photos of cut-down standout Fred Luchesi I find priceless and certainly bring back memories for me in my most impressionable time of life.
If anyone can remember some of the other cut-down drivers pictured in the Luchesi photos and others I'd sure appreciate hearing from you here.
I think the copper colored #51 is Red Cummings and I believe the #53, is a team car and was sometimes driven by his brother (Bob ?)
Carl Schulz
Indio, CA

Re: Thanks Don Thomas and Contributors

Photo #5 shows the #33 which I think at the time was driven by Garvin Couper and the unidentified car hitting the wall hard looks like the Doody/Carmen #0 T-Bird Special (team car was the #1)
which at time was I believe driven by Ed Hoyle ??