Return to Website

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum

Welcome to the Norwood Arena Speedway Historic Website forum. Feel free to post a message.

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dusty Young Memorial - Glen FIREBALL Young

Hello,
It is Glen Young again. As most of you know my Dad, Dusty Young, had passed away earlier this year. I am proud to let you know that Seekonk Speedway has announced that there will be a Late Model Memorial race in honor of Dusty on June 7th, 2008.

Dusty was a part of the Norwood Arena Infield Crew and car owner of the "Team 99 Racing" #99 Street Stock ('92-'93) , the #99 Late Model Sportsman ('94-'01) and the "Fireball Motorsports" #66 Pro-Stock (2002).

Please visit http://www.DustysRace.com

The website is in it's beginning stages, but we will be offering T-shirts for sale, on this site, for the Memorial race. Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. There is a section to offer your memories about Dusty, please share with everyone. If you have any pictures that you would like to share please contact me and I will get them posted to the site.

One last thing, there is a rumor that the #99 Late Model is being resurrected for this race. I live in Arizona now, but I will be there for the race. (I wonder if I should bring my firesuit.)

Glen Young
508 423-3111