Return to Website

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum

Welcome to the Norwood Arena Speedway Historic Website forum. Feel free to post a message.

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tiger division

Hi Bob,

Depending on the year, Norwood Arena would run 3 divisions. Those divisions would be a novice division for beginners (Street Division for example), intermediary division (Hobby Division) and premier division (Modified or Late Model Sportsman).

The Street Division ran mostly stock parts and tires with modifications made for safety and performance on a banked track. Keeping cost as low as possible was a major factor with this division. The Tiger Division was an intermediary division, running higher performing parts and tires (slicks vs. street tires, for example).

The Bounty Hunter…I recall the number 222 coach (a Vicky if my fuzzy memory is correct). I believe the color was dark blue with white lettering. I may have some late 60’s home movies of it running at a day race at Thompson. I believe there may have been a Falcon bodied version too.

Re: Re: Tiger division

Thanks for the info on that.If I remember right there was a driver named Bob Glass who I saw at Norwood and at Thompson in 1970 I think he was driving in that division

Thunder Road Tiger division

Bob, you mention Flying Tiger Div at TR
here's a link in case you don't already have it
http://www.catamountstadium.com/thunder_road.htm

divisions over the years

Good luck with your model making Bob
Post some pics sometime.

Don, are you still planning to put together a history of the different divisions that ran at Norwood over the years?

A daunting task indeed and very dependent on input from those who in the know.

Re: divisions over the years

Yes, as part of the track history section. I have good info on the 60's and 70's. The late 40's and 50's has some gaps. Records were not preserved since the organizations that ran the races changed on a regular basis until NASCAR was signed on.