Return to Website

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum

Welcome to the Norwood Arena Speedway Historic Website forum. Feel free to post a message.

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NOSTALGIA INTERNET RADIO SHOW!!!! Don't miss this!!!

My name is Carol Wicks. I am an avid race fan and my real interest in auto racing began at Norwood Arena. I am now in Florida and so many times have dreamed about the "old days"..there were a couple of names that have remained so close to my heart. the first is Bobby Pendergast who is the brother of the late George Pendergast... ("the flying frenchman") Bobby and i have remained friends for all these years. he is the kind of friend you never want to lose! another name that always tugged on my memories is BUGS STEVENS! well that leads me to where i am now. I am a hostess on an internet radio show called "INSIDE FLORIDA RACING"... this week i have had the great honor of contacting Bugs, Bill Wimble, and Lew Boyd.. another person who hails from that era is my dear friend Chaplain Bill Ross who i guarantee was NO kinda Chaplain at that time... hahahaha he is a loving dear man and he will join us live in the studio. i want to invite you to listen in and hear from these wonderful men who entertained us in a way we may never forget. this is one of my ways to say THANK YOU!
we are also planning a NOSTALGIA REUNION at New Smyrna Speedway during Speed Week. this is turning into a GOLIATH! I will let you know more about that soon. In the meantime i would like you all to start reading the KARNAC message board. everything we do is posted and you will "MEET" some of the finest people in Florida race circles! Just go to KARNAC.com and look for the message board link.
Thank you so much for your time.
Carol Wicks(OZ)