Return to Website

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum

Welcome to the Norwood Arena Speedway Historic Website forum. Feel free to post a message.

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memories and dreams turned to reality

When I wasa kid in the 60's my dad took me to Norwood Arena many times to watch the races. I can remember running to one end of the grandstand to watch the cars come on to the track and then run to the other end to watch the cars pull off. Waving at the drivers, they were truly heros.

In the mid 70's when the grandstands were torn down I took my Chev Vega on the track for a few laps.

Now just last week on May 18th. I drove a real race car I built up this past winter at Waterford Speedbowl, I 48 years old, and driving in the Super-X division in their Wild 'n Wacky Wednesday night program. I spent Jan to May building the car. Many times during the building process I went back to Norwood Arena watching the guys drive.

It is not too late to live those child fantasy's. We are old enough now and actually have the cash to build a car. I do want to thank all those guys that ran in the late 60's and early 70's for the memories that have finally lead me to joining the group, of race car drivers.

http://34.superxcars.com

Paul Gruhn
#34 Super-X