Return to Website

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum

Welcome to the Norwood Arena Speedway Historic Website forum. Feel free to post a message.

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fran Voss Passed Away

Fran Voss loved his racing career at Norwood Arena. And like most who ran there, he didn't have great success but he did something others didn't - he went wheel to wheel with some of the best New England stock car drivers of the day. New England sports reporter Lou Modestino not only covered Fran's racing at Norwood, he was a fellow employee at Polaroid. Lou, thank you for letting us know of Fran's passing.

VOSS, Francis J. Jr. Of Andover, Jan. 2, age 74.
Beloved husband of Barbara (Cangiano) Voss. Loving father of Eric Voss of Seven Hills Pediatric Center in Groton. Devoted brother of June and her husband Arthur St. Andre of Southborough and Margaret and her husband Arthur Brennan of Medford. Also survived by many nieces and nephews.

His Funeral Mass will be celebrated in St. Augustine Church, 43 Essex St., Andover, Monday at 10:30 AM. Relatives and friends respectfully invited. Calling hours will be held in the Burke-Magliozzi Funeral Home, 390 N. Main St., ANDOVER, Sunday from 2 to 6 PM.

Interment, West Parish Garden Cemetery, Andover. Donations in Frank’s memory may be made to the Seven Hills Pediatric Center, 22 Hillside Avenue, Groton, MA 01450 or to the Dementia Unit at the EN Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital, 200 Springs Road, Bedford, MA 01730. Vietnam Army Veteran.

Re: Fran Voss Passed Away

Fran Voss was an inspiration! He his one of the best racer I know that make me stand on my chair. When I see him at Norwood Arena back in the day, I always expect and I already know that that race will be an exciting and there's an extra challenge because of him. He will always be in our hearts and memories. Right now, I am just spending time bringing back memories and playing ea – plants vs zombies and how to play with my grandchildren.