Return to Website

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum

Welcome to the Norwood Arena Speedway Historic Website forum. Feel free to post a message.

Norwood Arena Speedway - Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank You

Don,
I know I speak for a lot of us that are not real verbal on the internet when I say Thank You for all the work you have done and continue to do to preserve this piece of motorsports history, it is a part of our cultural heritage, no matter where we have wandered.
Look forward to Bob's scanning and sharing Mr Conley's negatives.
Hopefully in the next few years I can make the trip back to the old sod and attend The Reunion in June.
Many a night I go to sleep with a vision or two of a Norwood Arena experience jumping around in my head.
Best Regards
Carl Schulz
Indio, CA
NEAR, WRA, WCVR SWC, Harry Miller Club, HCICA

Re: Thank You

Carl,
I graciously accept your kind words of thanks. Trust me when I say that I have gotten more out of the Norwood Arena web site over the years than I have invested in time and dollars. I started the web site as a way to document and share people’s memories and photos of the track. It’s sort of an online family scrapbook. I have met and gotten to know people that I saw at the track weekly decades ago. It is an incredible experience.

While on this topic, I want to build on your kind words of thanks and include a few others that help to make the Norwood Arena web site interesting and entertaining, either directly or indirectly. I am just one of several folks that work hard and invest their time and money to preserve our New England motorsports legacy. I am proud to be in the company of dedicated people and groups such as race historian R.A. Silvia, Ric Mariscal at the Pronyne Museum, Lew Boyd at Costal 181, NEAR, STAR...the list goes on.

Norwood Arena reunion - it’s the efforts of Lou Modestino (Lou chronicled New England motorsports in the print media for many years) and the Bezema family for hosting the reunion at their Route 1 dealership that helps to “keep the Norwood Arena family” together.

Also, a special thanks to everyone that has loaned me their personal photos to scan and add to the web site. It all started with the late Billy Schulz loaning me his scrap book. Bobby Sprague was next followed by R.A. Silvia, Carl Merrill, Doug McCarthy, Buddy Cook, Jack Malone, Marty Bezema, Mike McClelland, Bob Bacchiochi, Dave Flynn, George Savary, Dan Brundage, Pete DesJardins, Bill Statham, Fred Briggs, Paul Roche, Mike Terrio, Bob Cadorette family, Bob Pearson, JC Crossley and many others. You can see where photos on the web site came from as the Norwood Arena site list the name of the person that loaned the photos to me to scan.

And finally, to the Patrons that help to offset the annual cost of bringing the website to everyone. This web site does not have a single advertiser and has operated at a loss since it began in 2003. It’s a bit of a money pit…just like owning a race car!

Don
webmaster@norwoodarena.com