Return to Website

Prophetic Journal

Please post your thoughts, feelings, and reactions to our website and its content. We invite you to also come visit us at paltalk .com in the Christianity section. My nicname is "prophetic".

Prophetic Journal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jesus as God

R.S. Neaville should be a T.V. preacher to replace the really messed up ones on there now. I wouldnt send any of them money. i really liked the study on Jesus. It helped me understand how jesus could be God.

Re: Jesus as God

John
10:29-38
"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. "I and My Father are one." Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?" The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God." Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are gods" '? "If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), "do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'? "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; "but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him."
Ps.
82:6-8 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are children of the Most High. But you shall die like men, And fall like one of the princes." Arise, O God, judge the earth; For You shall inherit all nations.

The Hebrew text simply says (and it is kind of backwards but it wasn’t written with our grammar in mind), “(Psalms 98:6) I have said, gods you; and sons of the Most High, all of you.” The Jewish Kethuvim has Ps. 82:6 as, “I had taken you for divine beings, sons of the Most High, all of you;”

So let us see again what happened to Jesus:

John 10:29-38
29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.
30 I and [my] Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

(There was no argument in the Jews minds as to whether or not they belonged to God already being the sons and daughters of Abraham. That is irrevocably in their Covenant with God. They accused Him of calling himself God. Jesus rebuked them by answering them with their own accusation.)

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, {Ye} are {gods}?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father [is] in me, and I in him.

So, who among us would like to be the first to throw stones at God’s Word?

Everything in the New Testament has a reference in the Old Testament. The phrase “King of kings and Lord of lords” is also in the Old Testament. It refers to the same thing but it says it a little differently and you might not like what it says but it still says it anyway.

Deut. 10:17 "For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe.

So it comes down to this: Jesus is God of gods, King of kings, and Lord of lords; we (the very son’s and daughter’s of God and the Body of Christ [The Anointed Ones]) are, and forever shall be, the gods, kings, and lords that He is God, King, and Lord of. Jesus taught it, knew it and understood it and those that speak against it choose to be in opposition to what He Himself taught, knew, and understood. I’ve heard the statement made that we play ‘what if’ because ‘what is’ is too impossible to confront.