All the latest news and views from the

Npower Loop Meadow Stadium

The Home of South Oxfordshire's Best Supported Football Club  

DIDCOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB'S DISCUSSION BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goal of the season

Just a thought really,wondered who remembers the best goal scored this season.
As in the "Quality Street" ad,everyone's someones favourite,it might be fun to see if any one goal stands out above the rest.
I have a few that spring to mind,mostly,i have to say involving Beav!!!
But it could be a Powelly piledriver,a wardy wurlitzer,a bedders blockbuster(or save).Just be interesting to see what people think.
As i know the likes of Ray and some of the older fans haven't got internet access,i might go around asking their opinion at the final on Saturday.
For what its worth id go for Beavs goal from 30 yards at Ardley.

Re: Goal of the season

We'll have a vote caster on it after Saturday's game.

Re: Re: Goal of the season

Top man!!!Still think it would be an idea to get the opinion of those who cant do the internet.What are the players fav goals of the season,and for that matter the boss and assistants.

Mick
Beav's goal against Slimbridge at home (when down to ten men) where he weaved past two or three defenders and shot low into goal. For the individual genius bit of skill, that may be worth considering.
For technique and control of the shot, Jack King's volley against Milton Utd just after Christmas.

Good suggestions Bucko.Beavs goal at cleeve was a cracker to.Yes i know i am a Beav fan!!!

Mick,what about Marcos free kick pile driver from 30 yards at Northcourt 3 seasons ago!!!!!!!!

My first choice would have to be Beav's goal to make it 2-0 at home to Slimbridge. Down to 10 men, a critical stage of the season when many league leaders suffer a wobble. Brilliant goal in a key game against a very good side.

Most memorable was Powelly's goal to make it 3-3 at home to Mildenhall.

I don't suppose we need to have a debate about own goal of the season though.

Marco i meant this season!!!!!!!! Last time you scored a goal from that far out,noah had the arc!

Marco - You can't even run 30 yards now, but you sure can roll 30 yards.

What about Powelly's 25 - 30 yarder in the bottom left hand corner , from an acute angle at North Leigh, or maybe connors 250th goal (what an achievement).Maybe even Beavons goal at Highworth, when connors crossed and he rose like a salmon to head it home(You might remember that one Marco or were you too dizzy from chasing the ball)

What about Bradley's effort at Holmer Green? Superb curling shot from outside the area. Maybe doesn't beat some of the efforts already raised, but worth a mention at least.

To pick one from 177 scored so far is too difficult a task!

Just popped onto the site and noticed Marko's now living 3 years in the past.
Don't worry, it happens to all players in their 40's Marko!
Gonna miss the game tomorrow due to a family wedding (had to put the wife first for the first time in 20 years) so here's to a great game and good luck.