LATEST INFO of JESSICA
**Hong Kong
ViuTV原創劇《極度俏郎君》 featuring 宣萱、姜皓文、張慧儀以及ERROR四子 broadcast on April 17, 2023 @ 9:30pm. Monday through Friday *EVERYDAY* *B-net  

OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
English translation of Mingpao Weekly Magazine 1934

Pls refer to Alec's posting in the previous page:

http://pub45.bravenet.com/forum/3828411584/fetch/601976/2

Wanted to to a summary but found the article quite intriguing so here's about 90% translation of the full article:

Headline of article: Persistently refuses to marry Ah Wong, Jessica forces the producer to change the ending

Initially, when Jessica had a meeting with the producer and script writer of LMS to discuss the plot of LMS, they wanted her to marry Ah Wong and even thought of going to the Registry of Marriage for the administrative details of their marriage. But Jessica had reacted strongly against this, persistently refusing to marry AH Wong and not willing to make any compromises. In the end, the producers had to change the script, resulting in the ending that sees the union of the two after a few years' separation. This type of ending is subject to "interpretation by individuals".

Rgarding this issue, Jessica says "it should not be said that I forced the producer to change the ending, but more as a result of discussion. LMS is a story set in modern times. Even a normal person will not marry Ah Wong. Other than myself who cannot accept this, I also feel that the audience will also not be able to accept it. What I feel towards Ah Wong is not love between a man and a woman but the concern that exists between friends. Whatever it is, I just oppose to the marriage of Ah Wong and Lor Poh Jai."

Roger, who is currenly filming in Shanghai, says that "anything is possible in TV drama."

Other than having expectations on her leading male actors, Jessica also places expectations on her boyfriends in real life. But as she matures with time, she has lowered her expectations. Now she can accept a relationship with a younger man. She says, "in the past, I cannot accept this at all. But now, I feel that as long as our thinking is similar and there is not too much difference in our appearance, I can accept it. Actually, it is not that I have lowered my expectations, but rather, I have widened them a little."

Although Jessica is currently busy filming in China and will only be back in January, her friends are already busy match-making for her. There are quite few eligible men who are waiting for her to be back to meet with them. She says "my friends are more anxious than me. My boyfriends have always been introduced to me by friends. All along, I only have had only a few male suitors (I find it hard to believe!! Maybe they are afraid to approach her coz of her fame? ). This may be due to my male-like character and appearance. Anyway, the earliest I would start dating is next January. Actually, I've always had the mentality of letting nature take its course when it comes to relationships."

According to some sources, the eligible men who are waiting to have meals with her include famous men. Afterall,one of her ex-boyfriends was Ronald who is also a well-known personality. Hence, there are speculations that she will marry into one of the rich and influential families. But Jessica's goals in life are to seek a simple and ordinary lifestyle. She says, "As long as the family is a happy one, I will be OK. An ordinary life is the happiest. I find that I am not suited to marry into a rich and influential family. Actually, as one experiences more in life, one will understand what one's needs are. But men in the same industry will certainly not be among my choices for a partner."

The house that Jessica bought 2 years ago at a price of HK$9.5m (over 2,000 sq ft) has now risen to about KH$20m. Although it appears that she has made about HK$10m in profit, Jessica has no intention of selling it because she regards it as a "Feng Shui House" (house with good geomancy according to some Chinese beliefs). Turns out that after she bought this house, Jessica got the role in "Square Pegs" and her career has been growing steadily ever since. She says, " I did check on feng shui (geomancy), plus the fact that my parents have flown back from Beijing to live with me, so I won't sell it. Most importantly, it is my dream house. I had already set my eyes on this house when I entered showbiz, but I had not saved enough then."

With a multi-million-dollar house and 2 cars, Jessica feels very proud becuase she has earned them herself through hard work. She says, "whatever I own now is earned through my hard work. Even when I was a newbie in the industry and not earning much, my parents din't sponsor me, except helping to pay more than $10,000 as downpayment for my first car."

---the end-----

So envious of Jessica and of course she deserves all of her acheivements. Hope she will find a great relationship in the new year.

BTW, I will not be having Internet access the whole of next working week so can't help to do any translations in the coming week...

Thanks NSF! The articles shows how down-to-earth Jessica is... (nt)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Wanted to to a summary but found the article quite intriguing so here's about 90% translation of the full article:

Headline of article: Persistently refuses to marry Ah Wong, Jessica forces the producer to change the ending

Initially, when Jessica had a meeting with the producer and script writer of LMS to discuss the plot of LMS, they wanted her to marry Ah Wong and even thought of going to the Registry of Marriage for the administrative details of their marriage. But Jessica had reacted strongly against this, persistently refusing to marry AH Wong and not willing to make any compromises. In the end, the producers had to change the script, resulting in the ending that sees the union of the two after a few years' separation. This type of ending is subject to "interpretation by individuals".

Rgarding this issue, Jessica says "it should not be said that I forced the producer to change the ending, but more as a result of discussion. LMS is a story set in modern times. Even a normal person will not marry Ah Wong. Other than myself who cannot accept this, I also feel that the audience will also not be able to accept it. What I feel towards Ah Wong is not love between a man and a woman but the concern that exists between friends. Whatever it is, I just oppose to the marriage of Ah Wong and Lor Poh Jai."

Roger, who is currenly filming in Shanghai, says that "anything is possible in TV drama."

Other than having expectations on her leading male actors, Jessica also places expectations on her boyfriends in real life. But as she matures with time, she has lowered her expectations. Now she can accept a relationship with a younger man. She says, "in the past, I cannot accept this at all. But now, I feel that as long as our thinking is similar and there is not too much difference in our appearance, I can accept it. Actually, it is not that I have lowered my expectations, but rather, I have widened them a little."

Although Jessica is currently busy filming in China and will only be back in January, her friends are already busy match-making for her. There are quite few eligible men who are waiting for her to be back to meet with them. She says "my friends are more anxious than me. My boyfriends have always been introduced to me by friends. All along, I only have had only a few male suitors (I find it hard to believe!! Maybe they are afraid to approach her coz of her fame? ). This may be due to my male-like character and appearance. Anyway, the earliest I would start dating is next January. Actually, I've always had the mentality of letting nature take its course when it comes to relationships."

According to some sources, the eligible men who are waiting to have meals with her include famous men. Afterall,one of her ex-boyfriends was Ronald who is also a well-known personality. Hence, there are speculations that she will marry into one of the rich and influential families. But Jessica's goals in life are to seek a simple and ordinary lifestyle. She says, "As long as the family is a happy one, I will be OK. An ordinary life is the happiest. I find that I am not suited to marry into a rich and influential family. Actually, as one experiences more in life, one will understand what one's needs are. But men in the same industry will certainly not be among my choices for a partner."

The house that Jessica bought 2 years ago at a price of HK$9.5m (over 2,000 sq ft) has now risen to about KH$20m. Although it appears that she has made about HK$10m in profit, Jessica has no intention of selling it because she regards it as a "Feng Shui House" (house with good geomancy according to some Chinese beliefs). Turns out that after she bought this house, Jessica got the role in "Square Pegs" and her career has been growing steadily ever since. She says, " I did check on feng shui (geomancy), plus the fact that my parents have flown back from Beijing to live with me, so I won't sell it. Most importantly, it is my dream house. I had already set my eyes on this house when I entered showbiz, but I had not saved enough then."

With a multi-million-dollar house and 2 cars, Jessica feels very proud becuase she has earned them herself through hard work. She says, "whatever I own now is earned through my hard work. Even when I was a newbie in the industry and not earning much, my parents din't sponsor me, except helping to pay more than $10,000 as downpayment for my first car."

---the end-----

So envious of Jessica and of course she deserves all of her acheivements. Hope she will find a great relationship in the new year.

BTW, I will not be having Internet access the whole of next working week so can't help to do any translations in the coming week...

thank u very much

why jessica dont come shanghai?? i dont like to see Roger...i want to see jessica~~~~~~

Replying to:

---the end-----

Thank u NSF! Yea,Jessica definitely deserves all that!

Take care!
Luv,
JeSS

Replying to:

---the end-----

thks for the translation..!

though i can read chinese, but somehow, the chinese characters arent in the simplified version, so find it hard to translate.

Replying to:

---the end-----

Special thanks to you, but....

work. Even when I was a newbie in the industry and not earning much, my parents din't sponsor me, except helping to pay more than $10,000 as downpayment for my first car."

$10000 mean USD or HKD ?

Replying to:

---the end-----

I think she was refering to HKD... (nt)

Replying to:

work. Even when I was a newbie in the industry and not earning much, my parents din't sponsor me, except helping to pay more than $10,000 as downpayment for my first car."

$10000 mean USD or HKD ?

Replying to:

---the end-----

Its pretty much a given... HKD

Replying to:

$10000 mean USD or HKD ?

Replying to:

---the end-----

Thanks a lot, NSF for the English translation

Re: Thanks a lot, NSF for the English translation

Whether you are looking for a bride from Russia or Ukraine, mail in order bride sites are great options for finding the right partner. A quality mail in order bride site will have profiles that match your personality traits and appearance. Most will also offer free profiles to newcomers. Then, you can pay for additional features that make the process easier. This way, you can be confident that you are selecting the right platform. You should read reviews about each mail order bride site so that you can know what to expect from the service.

Re: English translation of Mingpao Weekly Magazine 1934

If you are asking yourself "how to find a wife?" it might be a good idea to think of yourself as a good husband first. A good wife will complement the man and be able to match his personality and values. If you are a man who wants to settle down with a wife, there are many things you should do in order to succeed in your search. Keep reading to learn some of the most important tips for finding a wife.

Sina (Mircoblog) : CLICK HERE
News collection website: http://www.suenhuen.com/
For Jessica WEBSITES, goto: The Strongest Links
OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS, MESSAGES CONCERNING BT or
DOWNLOADING A WHOLE SERIES WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY.
Please post your message either in English or Chinese only.